Sunday, March 04, 2018

Project Pan: 18 in 2018

After a hugely eye opening and successful declutter of my makeup collection, with the help of Check Cosmetics, I saw first hand the stupidity (at least for me) of owning an abundance of makeup. First, I don't wear THAT MUCH makeup to justify owning as much as I did. Second, the amount of money I spent and wasted on makeup that was either unused or very lightly used is ridiculous! Third, the amount of makeup that was old and expired, insert image below, like why did I still have it. For real, some of it was produced and purchased as long ago as 2010. I mean, GROSS! In total I got rid of 38 old and expired products, totalling $942 before taxes... WTF!
With that realization painfully sinking in, I was inspired by some of my favourite beauty YouTubers to pick some of my products and do a Project Pan titled Pan 18 in 2018, insert picture below. For all of you. that are unaware of Project Pans, it is a year long project where you try and finish beauty, skincare, or hair products that are unloved, getting old, or duplicates by the end of the year. Since it is 2018 I have decided to choose 18 products ranging from lip colour to eye shadow to perfume, and hair care. Most of the products chosen have already been well loved and shouldn't be too hard to use up with regular use. However, there are a couple products that have hardly been used and will probably be next to impossible to finish, but they expire at the end of the year so I wanted to include them. If you want to see the usage of the majority of the 18 products keep scrolling! And be sure to check back every 3 months for an update of my progress.
1. Britney Spears: Curious 2. Redken: Pillow Proof Blow Dry 3. ColourPop Super Shock Shadow: Smash 4. ColourPop Super Shock Shadow: Amaze 5. L'Oreal Color Infallible: Tender Caramel 
6. Comptoir Sud Pacifique: Vanille Coco 7. Stila Convertible Color 8. LUX: Blood Orange 
9. Dior Skin Airflash: #200 10. Fresh Sugar: Rosé 11. Dior Addict Fluid Stick: Magique 
12. Macadamia: Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Mist 13. Boxom: White Russian 14. MAC Pigment: Goldenaire 15. YSL Rouge Pur Couture: Rouge Rose 16. MAC Ultimate Lipstick: Catharina 
17. Anastasia Beverly Hills: Master Palette by Mario 18. Hourglass Ambient Light: Dim Light

Product Usage
1. Hourglass Ambient Light: Dim Light 2. Stila Convertible Color 3. MAC Ultimate Lipstick: Catharina (Lightly Used) 4. YSL Rouge Pur Couture: Rouge Rose (Lightly Used) 5. Fresh Sugar: Rosé (Unused) 6. ColourPop Super Shock Shadow: Smash (Lightly Used) 7. ColourPop Super Shock Shadow: Amaze (Unused) 8. MAC Pigment: Goldenaire (Lightly Used) 9. L'Oreal Color Infallible: Tender Caramel 10. Anastasia Beverly Hills: Master Palette by Mario
11. LUX: Blood Orange 12. Buxom: White Russian (1/3) 13. Comptoir Sud Pacifique: Vanille Coco 
14. Britney Spears: Curious (More Than Half)
Products That I Cannot Track Usage: 15. Redken: Pillow Proof Blow Dry 16. Dior Skin Airflash: #200 17. Dior Addict Fluid Stick: Magique 18. Macadamia: Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Mist.

1 comment:

  1. Here are a couple of updates:
    1. I had to get rid of both the L'Oreal Color Infaillible and the Dior Addict Fluid Stick, as they both gave me skin irritations.
    2. I have since replaced both products with a MAC Lipstick (Speak Louder) and a Laura Mercier Caviar Stick (Amethyst).
    3. I AM AN IDIOT FOR TOSSING ALL THOSE MAC PRODUCTS, instead of BACK TO MAC.

    ReplyDelete