Saturday, March 04, 2017

Book Review: "The Kept Woman"

I was really impressed with Karin Slaughter's "Pretty Girls" so I was uber excited to find out she had another book called "The Kept Woman", however this fictional novel just fell short. The story line was great, and the thrill/mystery was there but it was just so drawn out. You don't even learn about the deceased until 1/2+ through the novel. In short too much background and descriptive information leading up to the "I couldn't put it down" or "it was such a page turner" section of the bed. Don't get me wrong once the store starts unrolling you won't want to put it down, it just takes a lot to actually get there. "The Kept Woman" is about a murder investigation in an abandoned building owned by one of the city's wealthiest and highest paid basketball player. Once determining the blood form the crime scene doesn't match the deceased; the investigation takes a troubled turn involving one of the character's pasts putting loved ones and co-workers in danger. A story that will pull you in multiple directions, leaving you confused with who did it and why were they really helping them. I promise you, once you get past the drawn out beginning, it is worth the read!

NOTE: I purchase all my E-Books from Kobo and always use my Ebates account to get Cash Back from my purchases! Be sure to sign up for Ebates by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment