Tuesday, March 19, 2013

WMCFW Fall 2013 - Media Swag Bag


It is that time of year again when Toronto's Fashion Finest hit David Pecaut Square in Downtown Toronto to watch some of Canada's top Fashion Designers present their Fall 2013 Collections.  This is by far my favorite time of the year, besides Christmas and my Birthday, because I love seeing what's up-and-coming for the Fall/ Winter Season in fashion, hair, and beauty.  Since being a Media Pass holder I not only get access to all the shows this week and a comfy place to sit and chat with fellow media members, I also got a media goodie bag filled with products from sponsors of the event.  Being a fashion/beauty blogger this is a great way to try new products and let my readers know what they are all about.  Check out more of what was inside my hot pink Barbie reusable tote below.  And be sure to follow me on Twitter @rmrebecca and Instagram @rmrebecca87 throughout World MasterCard Fashion Week for an up-to-the-minute look at what's going on inside the Tents.

Having fallen in love with the REDKEN products I received last Fashion Week, I was so excited to find this full sized Control Addict 28 Extra High-Hold Hairspray in my Swag Bag.  I used it this morning and I won't lie I was a little nervous about what the texture would be like on my hair, as it is extra hold.  However, not only did the product smell A-MAZ-ING, it left my hair feeling as though I never even put hairspray in, which is awesome!  It has only been a couple of hours since applying it but my hair is holding the curl well and looks/feels natural.  I have been hearing rave reviews from different Bloggers/YouTubers out there that Maybelline New York's the Rocket mascara is out of this world amazing and I am so excited to give it a try.  It came at a perfect time too, as I finished my Benefit They're Real mascara just the other day.  (I have been using samples ever since... don't judge)  I will do a First Impressions Post once I have tried it!

Who doesn't love trying new skin care products, especially when they are given to you.  I received 2 NeoStrata Intense products which I am excited to try, especially the Wrinkle Repair... gotta start early!  The Wrinkle Repair is for all skin types and can be used on your face, eyes, and neck to repair wrinkles, OBVIOUSLY, fine lines, and sun damage.  Not only does it reduce the look of wrinkles it also improves skin tone and texture, and restores a healthy, younger looking skin.  The next product is a Moisture Rescue Sheet Mask which re-hydrates the skin and makes it softer to the touch.  The mask is meant for dehydrated skin of all types.  These two products sound perfect for me, especially after 2 weeks away in the sun!

Who doesn't love fun socks?  The HS Combed Cotton navy and red polka-dot socks are so soft and the perfect length and thickness!  Will be great throughout spring when wearing rain boots or high boots.  I couldn't resist eating these Barbeque Potato Chips from PopChips as soon as I open up the Barbie bag.  For only 100 Calories you can indulge in the entire bag without feeling the usual guilt from normal potato chips.  I typically don't like barbeque flavored chips but these were so DELISH.  I definitely could have eaten another bag... or two!  I also received a pair of white men's boxers which I had given to my boyfriend before I took images of the goodies... oops!

Lastly I received 2 coupons, one for Rowenta (which by the way I love their products) and the other for the Spa at the Ritz Carleton.  I am currently in the market for a hair wand, and saw them using one at the Rowenta booth inside the tents yesterday, so this is PERFECT!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment