Thursday, March 14, 2013

10 Tip and Tricks to Packing Efficiently

Packing 101

Going Away?  Hate Packing?
Have a closet full of clothes/accessories and don't know where to start?
With my now past trip to Orlando, Fl. I thought I would show you some of my tips and tricks on packing ONLY what you need, don't lie we've all been guilty of over packing on a trip or two, by a fellow frequent flyer.  Follow these 10 quick and easy steps to packing efficiently.
1. Make sure you have your favourite music playing in the background.  It is always more fun to sing and dance your way through packing.  Right now I am OBSESSING over Swedish House Mafia 'Until Now'.

2.  Plan full outfits from H2T; undergarments, clothes, shoes, and accessories.
3. Don't over pack shoes; try to create outfits that can wear the same shoes.
4. Only pack a couple more outfits than nights, as this forces you to wear everything.

5. Like shoes, mix and match accessories.
6. Lay everything out to ensure you're not forgetting anything.  I also forget pjs and this helps!

7. Fold small and compact.  If necessary roll clothing.
8.  Don't be afraid of using a carry-on.  I use one for my heavy items (i.e. shoes, toiletries, etc).

9. Take advantage of all usable space inside your suitcase, including all inner/outer pockets.
10. Remember whatever you pack, you'll have to unpack, and then repack so make sure there is space for dirty clothes (I always find they take up so much more room) and any purchases made.

Well, that's it!  I know, it's that simple, right! I hope you enjoyed my 10 Tips and Tricks of Packing Efficiently and that it helps you with any future travels.  Let me know what you think in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment